Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Calling all benevolent time travellers

I've been posting quite a lot recently, rather to the detriment of my normal work.

The pace may need to slow a little in the lead up to the end of the financial year, unless my new scheme for how to make money from this blog succeeds.

All I need is someone from the future with access to next week's Australian lotto numbers, and a method of emailing information back in time, to provide the winning numbers for next weekend's Gold Lotto. Powerball, or any other mid-week Lotto numbers are also acceptable; I am not fussy.

If you are reading this in the future and are wondering "why should I benefit this particular jerk out of all others," well, there is no especially compelling reason, other than I have a family to support, no family riches coming my way, and have provided you with a way to test your machine. Maybe you could just email anyone, but how many people would take this seriously unless they had invited it? (Well, maybe I would try it once, but I am gullible.)

Of course, if you find out not only the winning numbers, but also who won (if it is not me) then I don't know that this scheme will work. I don't want to create any unnecessary splitting of universes. Also, don't go trying to email yourself in the past: if that worked, everyone would try it and (after a week or two of thousands of people sharing top prize) the whole lotto idea would be shelved permanently.

No, this is something you have to do benevolently to a single recipient.

So, go to it. Please send all winning (Australian) Lotto numbers to this temporary email:

2mc2ljfk3i3mqi0@jetable.org

Readers will be advised if and when I appear to have proved information can flow backwards as well as forwards.

For readers interested in time travel generally, this 1991 article by Hans Moravec is pretty good.

Also, people who have access to future information via methods such as spirit communication, ganzfeld experiments, etc, are welcome to submit numbers.

No comments: