Friday, June 15, 2007

In the Al Gore mould - literally

I am probably not the first person to say this, but isn't it somewhat ironic that Michael Moore, in taking the US health system to task, is himself setting an extremely poor example of how to make a bad system even worse (namely, by not taking his obesity seriously.) Maybe it is the unshaved face, but to me he is looking more blimp-like than ever.

Of course, he can afford to pay for his quadruple by-pass, and his diabetes medication, but the fact remains if the American public as a whole took their own weight problems seriously, they would greatly lighten the load (now there's a pun) on the existing medical services.

Al Gore has also packed the pounds on in the last few years too. I would like to know if he is a big beef eater, 'cos some of his greenie supporters might have an issue with that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Caz said...

On the contrary, Moore has said himself that making the film caused him to address his own state of physical well-being, appreciating that it was somewhat hypocritical to make a film about health issues, yet abuse his own.

Can't remember how much weight he has lost so far, but think it may have been 10 to 15 k. Not as much as he needs to, but he's trying, it's a start.

Steve said...

Oh, thanks for that Caz; I have seen any interviews with him lately, even though I think I read he was going to be on Letterman or some other talk show.

Still, the video I saw of him at Cannes surely indicates he has a long, long way to go. I will give him full credit for sincerity and effort when I can notice a difference. (He is, undoubtedly, rich, and I assume it is somewhat easier for the rich to take drastic measures to help ensure weight loss. Maybe a dietician supervising every meal for a year? A personal trainer?)

Steve said...

Sorry, that should have been "have not seen.."