Thursday, May 15, 2008

Least anticipated film of the season

Florist detour and frock stars come up smelling of roses - Film - Entertainment

The only point I can see in having a "Sex and the City" movie made is for women to have some sort of clear test as to their new boyfriend's sexuality. The number of straight men willingly in a cinema to see it (or, at least, there at their own suggestion) will be vanishingly small .

And really, was there ever a worse look in a dress than the open cut thing that bony-chested what's-her-name is wearing in the photo at the link? (Oh dear: I have commented in a bitchy sounding way on women's fashion. No, no, I don't want to see the movie, honest.)

UPDATE: here's a pretty funny column on the same topic, which repeats this comment which apparently appeared after the movie's review in The Times:
I don't think SATC is just for girls. I am a reasonably well-adjusted bloke and I am looking forward to seeing the film with my girlfriend. I am then looking forward to poking my eyes out with red-hot pokers, burning my skin off, and rolling around in salt for a while."—Phil Mann, Newcastle upon Tyne.

1 comment:

TimT said...

Hell, I like a good romantic comedy. (It's the sort of thing that P G Wodehouse was doing by another name.)

Trouble is, these days you need to take a word out of the phrase 'good romantic comedy' to prevent it from becoming an oxymoron.