Monday, September 08, 2008

Meanwhile, on the demonic front

Something clever?: Is your computer possessed by a demon?

An evangelical from the US apparently put forward these propositions in a book in 2000:
  • Demons can possess anything with a brain, including a chicken, a human being, or a computer.
That would account for some evil chickens I have encountered in my life.
  • "Any PC built after 1985 has the storage capacity to house an evil spirit."
I suppose that means they can live in USB keys too.

Fascinating.

2 comments:

Mercurius Aulicus said...

I thought there was something strange about my old Commodore VIC-20 ....

Steve said...

My first computer was something from Dick Smith's that had soft, squishy buttons, and you had to hook it up to a tape recorder and fiddle with the volume for ages to try to get it to record a program. I think it may have been so dumb that it could not be possessed.