Monday, August 16, 2010

Home

I've been away again, and now have to work to pay for it. Trip report to come.

One thing I always notice when I get back from a holiday is that going through one's regular internet haunts to catch up over a week or so only takes up a small fraction of the time that one can waste on checking the same sites every day. Perhaps if the World Wide Web was open only on Sundays, work efficiency globally would increase sufficiently that a double dip recession could be avoided.

As for politics:

* Tony Abbott gave a very crook interview on Radio National this morning, sounding particularly evasive and devious about the company levy to pay for his Swedish parental leave plan. Labor should use parts of it for last minute advertising.

* I had been contemplating making an informal vote this election*, but now that Mark Latham has endorsed that idea, even that has become unappealing. Now I need to arrange to be bedridden with some 24 hour illness so that I can not vote without appearing to be taking a lead from a walking spleen vent. (By the way, I reckon Latham looks meaner and scarier now that he doesn't wear glasses. Must be the Superman effect that previously softened his appearance somewhat.)

* at least for the House of Representatives. For the Senate, the temptation to vote all over the enormous paper just to make life difficult for the vote counter may be too much.

3 comments:

Geoff said...

Not tempted by the Greens?

Only joking, but Cardinal Pell's rubbishing of the Greens tempts me to vote for them.

You are not on your own being left with no-one to vote for.

The senate used to be fun when you could vote last for Lady Flo and work up from there. I suppose I could put Family First last.

Erin said...

I just read that and thought, oh hey, that sounds like me! Then I read the name. Wendy Francis deserves last place last on the senate card, so you can have fun working your way up this time too! Yay!

PS my blog is http://buzzverse.wordpress.com, enjoy and comment.

Erin said...

P.S. I now have a personal blog, too. I'm not certain how long that will last, but we'll see.

http://spacegirlerin.wordpress.com