Saturday, May 03, 2014

Was never at risk of participating

Another Solid Reason Not to Do a Mud-Obstacle Run - James Hamblin - The Atlantic

 Oh.

Apparently, there's been a growing fad for people to do staged, obstacle littered, endurance runs in America and elsewhere, involving things like mud courses,  frigid water swims, etc.

This trend had escaped my attention.  The article notes that doing the mud courses is a pretty good way to get diarrhoea.

I've never been sure why people can't enough satisfaction from merely sharing things like a long bushwalk, a bottle of wine with some cheese and bread, and a nice bed.

PS:    my challenge for the weekend is making my own bread.  A "no knead" recipe published a few years ago in the US seems to have been very popular there, and recently came to my attention via my Zite account.  The dough is made, and will be baked tomorrow.

No comments: