Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Drummed off

ABC closes opinion website the Drum with immediate effect | Media | The Guardian

Well, I'm not too cut up about this.   I didn't find myself visiting it all that often, and despite the never ending complaints of Murdoch and the IPA about the ABC crowding out private news companies, I still don't think that  the ABC does on line news and news commentary all that well.  (Especially when it comes to breaking stories, I have often found the ABC website quite slow to be updated.)

As for the TV show:  again, I'm not a fan, and only watch it occasionally.  There's something determinedly bland about it, and its attempts at balance by heavily featuring IPA talking heads is more like false balance: the positions of the IPA are actually pretty extreme and ideological (and in the case of climate change and tobacco, positively despicable), yet their talking heads are rarely challenged about the organisation they work for by the host or the other guests.

If it was up to me, I would kill the TV show, too.

1 comment:

Not Trampis said...

I agree. A very close election result and they made it boring. Julia needs to eat more food. She is almost a skeleton!