Friday, November 10, 2017

Something I didn't see coming...

No pun intended in that post heading:  it really is surprising, isn't it?, this outpouring of people prepared to speak out now about the bad, unwanted, sexual conduct of Hollywood and media stars, the most recent being a high profile comedian and a Senate candidate.   (I have never seen Louis CK apart from briefly on some chat shows - I have no idea whether his comedy would appeal to me or not, although I have always suspected the latter - and now I feel I don't have to spend time checking.)

I trust Steven Spielberg never gets caught up in this.

Speaking of possibly the last nice guy in Hollywood who never put the hard word on a starlet (I'm hoping!), the trailer is out for his new, hurriedly made movie.   I haven't watched it with the sound on yet, so I don't know what I think:

 

8 comments:

not trampis said...

I have never heard of him. an american comedian is a contradiction in terms isn't it?

Steve said...

What a snobbish thing to say. British comedy has always been very much a hit or miss matter, and there are few in it these days who I enjoy.

not trampis said...

Steve,
to enjoy comedy you have to be a snob. Frankly comedy is a bit like music. not much good after the 70s. Monty Python was it in a matter of speaking

Jason Soon said...

Jerry Seinfeld
Larry David
Bill Hicks
all great comedians
whereas Brit comedy is sometimes too quirky for its own good

not trampis said...

a half out of three is not good!

Steve said...

?

Clarity is not always your strong point, H.

Steve said...

Re: Seinfeld: his recent special that I saw on Netflix, in which he spoke about his early life and break into comedy, was quite interesting from an autobiographical point of view. (I also liked the bit were he joked about parents in the 1960's couldn't care less what the kids were doing.)

I thought his observation that he was always comfortable in front of an audience, but not sure as a young man how to deal with people (or at least, women) in face to face communication was interesting, especially as he said he has known quite a few comedians who were similar in that respect.

not trampis said...

Steve one of them is rated a half and the other are not rates at all!