Monday, September 10, 2018

Another dream jumble

Last night, Jason Soon invited me to his country house where he was having Bob Dylan attend to give a private concert.  I was having trouble getting there on time.   There was also something about a very large sort of accommodation place I was staying at, downhill from the concert venue, with really creepy looking vast toilets which weren't working (unusually, a dream not inspired by waking up needing to go to the toilet.)    There seemed to be some morphing then into a completely separate story about working in a hospital where a heart patient was waiting for a donor heart for transplantation - from a dog.  I visited the potential dog donors too, but the one we were hoping to use was not well.   [I have yet to work out the source material for that one.  Can't think of any transplant stories have I read in the last few weeks, but something will probably come to me soon.]

13 comments:

not trampis said...

Steve,

Soony liking Dylan. Nah.

He does not have good taste and besides Bob Dylan is way too old for him.

He has to be an Abba fan!😊

Steve said...

He is well known for liking Dylan - you must have known that?

not trampis said...

Steve,

You must have noticed my sense of fun.

Soony would not know Dylan's best work

Steve said...

I know you were having fun - but I suspect he knows everything about Dylan's work. I wonder if he's ever Tarantula, though? (I haven't - I saw it on an older brother's bookshelf many years ago.)

Steve said...

..ever read Tarantula...

not trampis said...

you would have to be on drugs to read it. Literally.

Dylan can only be enjoyed by moistening to his music. some music.

I hate to say it but some of his worst was when he became a christian. great lyrics but terrible music. The complete opposite of Van the Man.

not trampis said...

Holy dooley make that listening

Steve said...

That is, I am pretty sure, the funniest mistake you have ever made....

Jason Soon said...

Homer
A lot of his best work is his recent work. Musically too it is among his best
Time out of mind
Modern times
Love and theft

Among his older works I would rank John Wesley Harding, Highway 61 revisited, Blood on the tracks, Desire, Blonde on blonde, the times they are a changing

I like his Christian stuff, though I haven't got a lot, but Infidels is a fine album

I have read Tarantula and agree it is self indulgent. Chronicles is a much better read

Jason Soon said...

His Christian stuff actually makes for great gospel music. there is an album of covers of this by gospel singers and it is excellent

not trampis said...

His Christian music is fine for the words but bad for the music.
As I said it is the opposite for Van the Man.

Hmm Soony almost gets it right on his 'old tracks.

bllod on the tracks was his return album after being missing in action for a long time.

Possibly my favourite is Maggy's Farm does live with Bloomfield on guitar.
This was when folk music was ONLY acoustic

Steve said...

Were you one of those in the audience at that folk festival booing when he first came out with the electric guitar, Homer?

not trampis said...

bollocks to that.
Dylan was much better electric IMHO