Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Spiderman viewed

Went to see Spiderman: Far From Home last night.   It's very enjoyable.  Tom Holland remains ridiculously charming;  the special effects featuring destruction in locations we don't normally see destroyed were a bit different from the standard Marvel look*; and it is very funny.   (Actually I was laughing a bit more than other members of the audience at some of the silly romance bits between Ned and what's-her-name.)  

I keep telling my son that I am glad Tony Stark is dead - Marvel is lighter and funnier and better off without him. 

*  Sort of a spoiler comment here:   when first watching Mysterio flying around trailing a lot of green smoke I thought of the witch in Wizard of Oz, but I was pleased that later in the movie the theatricality of the look made sense.   Some of his stuff also looking a bit "Dr Strange", who I am very keen see return.

3 comments:

GMB said...

Sure but in the last one Tony Stark made the whole movie. That scene at the start with his daughter right? And then right at the end when his posthumous video said "I love you 3000." The masterstroke of the entire movie, if not the series of movies. Not a dry eye in the house. I of course went to jelly, and am affected by those two scenes to this day. The others characters are all fine and dandy but only that fellow is an genius actor.

Not Trampis said...

is this a stark warning

Jason Soon said...

Iron man is my favourite avenger. Billionaire industrialist like Bruce Wayne. What's not to like