Thursday, September 16, 2021

Suddenly, the vaccines flow...

This was a bit of a Queensland surprise yesterday:   from Saturday, over 60's can get Pfizer if they want.  My wife, who has been a longer hold out for Pfizer than me, is pleased.   She (aged 60) actually asked for it at a hub two weekends ago, and they said "no, we need a doctor's letter saying they recommend it for you, otherwise we'll get into trouble."   We were given the impression, though, that some GPs were happy to write a letter for anyone who was AZ hesitant, without even an appointment!  My wife had an appointment to see her GP this week anyway, but now she doesn't have to test her doctor's attitude towards the AZ resistant.  

My daughter has also been told that there are a lot of "walk in" openings at the South Brisbane vaccination hub in recent days.   She had made an appointment in a couple of weeks time, but now she is just going to try her luck at an earlier walk in.

All of this would indicate that Queensland has a sudden increase in our supply of Pfizer, and it hasn't been all pilfered by those southern cities which aren't as good at controlling outbreaks as dumb old Queenslanders.   I hope Morrison is not getting any credit for this, though.   He deserves none.

 

 

4 comments:

Not Trampis said...

your wife is nuts. She should have AZ like anyone else over 60 or thereabouts. My wife is just under and had it. My youngest also had it.

It is better than Pfizer as it lasts longer

Steve said...

That's an impolite assessment, Homer!

She did ask me what I thought, but I declined to press hard one way or the other. I mean, she knew I had initially hoped to wait for Pfizer too; and as I said in a previous post, it's not just because of the question of the risk of death, it was because even when caught quickly and treated, it can mean weeks in hospital. So you can imagine how bad it could be if I pressed hard for her to follow me and go for AZ after all, and she did get the side effect?

Not Trampis said...

If you are worried about that then do not ever have an operation as the odds of you dying are much more.

GMB said...

Holy shit man. Your stupidity and hatred of the scientific method means that you will be out of the gene pool in a fortnight. Your daughter doesn't deserve this. This is not global warming brother. This has real implications. If you let your daughter get the shot her ovaries will be invaded straight away and so you can forget about grand-children. As well your wife will be dead in three years. So even if you had a grandchild they would lack what every grandchild needs and that is a good healthy grandmother. Anyone stupid enough to get the Jab is also too stupid to find ways to overcome the Jab.