Wednesday, August 05, 2026

All about Alan, revisited

I wrote a post in 2023 about my evolving views on Alan Jones, and nothing I wrote then has changed.

Now that Jones is actually facing trial on the type of behaviour first reported in that year, it does make for a particularly salacious trial.  Unfortunately, though, all of today's cross examination was the subject of a non publication order, and it's not clear yet whether it will ever be lifted. 

I would be enormously surprised if Jones can prove a widespread conspiracy of rivals and greedy men setting up 6 different complainants to tell stories of behaviour which is also explained by being consistent reporting of the activities of a serial sex pest.

But, we shall see....

Update:  One thing I forgot to add to the post.  I reckon that this bit of evidence from the first day:

In court on Tuesday, Complainant J detailed a stay at Mr Jones's Fitzroy Falls farm in 2004, where he said he and the veteran broadcaster spoke over dinner and a glass of wine.

He said Mr Jones told him: "You've got to remember, there's only one rule here … there are no rules."

will be believed by everyone, because it just sounds so Alan Jones you immediately hear it in your head in his voice!   (And yes, it is also creepy given what follows it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment