Thursday, August 06, 2026

Understanding the double slit

I meant to post about this recent Sabine Hossenfelder video "You probably misunderstood the double slit experiment".

I always get the feeling that on videos like this is mostly, but not necessarily completely, right.   I find it curious, for example, that she treats the issue of wave/particle duality as nothing special, and we just have to accept it as what quantum "objects" are like.   I think that's what she's saying in this video, but it was a couple of weeks ago that I watched it.

I've talked before about what I think is a lack of clarity in some of her takes on entanglement, etc.  But she is usually interesting, and often a bit wryly funny, so I don't mind her at all.   (She is one of these people where it seems eccentricity bleeds a bit into actual mental health issues, but she seems mostly OK.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment