Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Don't invest in vitamin industry, and get some sun

Vitamin supplements may cut benefits of exercise

I wonder if Olympic athletes regularly take vitamins?

In other vitamin related news, it seems there are there a lot of researchers in the last year or two saying that people may have gone too far in sun avoidance, as it is leading to a Vitamin D deficiency which can cause all sorts of problems. Have a look at this article, for example, and all of the related stories at the side.

I know I barely get any sun myself now, but after having a couple of (minor) skin cancers cut off a few years ago, that seems the right thing to do. But in reality, maybe getting some early morning or late afternoon sun might be better for me in the long run.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes, olympic athletes will take supplements to make sure they get whatever advantage they legally can, to speed recovery and generally be at their best.

You can see a few examples on USANA's website
http://www.usana.com/dotCom/news/athletes.jsp and my own website has a 5 minute video where some of these athletes appear to discuss the USANA supplements they take.


I'm a distributor of USANA's products. Getting a few minutes of sun every day is probably not a bad thing. However, I believe that a good quality supplement is also beneficial to almost anyone.

My own USANA website is at http://supergeek.usana.com