Friday, July 29, 2011

I don't think he liked it

'Transformers: Dark of the Moon' | The Japan Times Online

This reviewer really, really hated the latest Transformers movie, and I like many of his lines:

Given enough money, almost any filmmaker could deliver a big, loud, silly popcorn movie about giant alien robots beating the living crap out of each other, but it takes the special talent of director Michael Bay to make such a movie totally repellent. ...

Perhaps you'd like to know about the story? So would I...

Perpetual dweeb Sam Witwicky (LaBeouf) inexplicably has an even hotter girlfriend than before, Carly (Huntington-Whiteley), despite being unemployed and constantly whining about how having alien robot friends doesn't land him a cushy Homeland Security desk job, and sending abusive-boyfriend signals every time Carly talks about her cool boss (Patrick Dempsey). But then again, Sam's mom jokes about her son's penis size (seriously), so you can forgive the poor boy for having "issues."
My son has seen it, he went with a friend and his Mum, so I didn't see it. Just lucky I guess.

No comments: