Friday, June 19, 2015

Shorten overkill

I posted just recently that I don't have strong feelings one way or the other about Bill Shorten's performance as Opposition Leader, but I do have to say that the reaction of the political commentators as to how disastrous the Royal Commission evidence is supposed to be for him strikes me as very overblown.

I've only noticed one journalist/commentator who shares that view - I gather from his tweets that Bernard Keane thinks the allegations against him are nebulous.

And in a further bit of "bizarro world" business - as far as I can make out, union obsessive right wingers like Judith Sloan, who wake up in a sweat of indignation every single day that unions have high involvement in some super funds and ask for minimum pay increases - are actually criticising Shorten for doing deals that (allegedly) benefited the companies more than the workers.   Weird political opportunism, and it would delight me if one day she faces a defamation action from her continuous uber bitchy output at Catallaxy.

1 comment:

Not Trampis said...

It seems to me if the allegations had meat Shorten would resign. That he wishes to appear before the RC tells me he is confident of his position.
I have to say researching IR is the hardest thing I ever found in my life.

you have to be very careful of comparing apples to apples which has not occurred as yet in my readings