Out of curiosity, I watched some of a live stream of a Trump rally from Arizona this morning.
As far as I can make out, his policy prescriptions are:
1. I'm a winner!
2. guns are great;
3. [missed the bit about Islam, so can't summarise it]
4. I'm a winner: look how awesome my primary wins were!
5. the media are nasty liars
6. build Mexican wall and Mexico will pay for it
7. did I mention how great and awesome my win was?
8. big tax cuts to everyone, especially the middle class*
9. repeal Obamacare and replace it with "something better"
11. will not touch Medicare or any government benefit the sort of people who come to my rallies get
12. something about Iran fooling the US, the US being stupid for getting involved in the Iraq/Iran balance of power in the first place, and how the US will get involved in the Middle East again to "smash" ISIS
13. Veterans will get better healthcare
14. re-negotiate trade deals
15. "there will be consequences" for companies that dump American based manufacturing and go overseas**
16. I'm a winner!
I can't wait for this walking orange ball of contradictory thought bubbles to have to debate with someone, and with moderators, who will not let him bluster his way through his policy prescriptions.
He is, as if we didn't already know, running on pure, thoughtless, populism; promising that his base can "have it all", so to speak.
* read the extreme scepticism this has already met.
** where's the free marketeer economists' questioning of that, I wonder