Thursday, March 08, 2018

Speaking of comedy...

....I think Shaun Micallef's Mad as Hell has been hitting some pretty high notes this season.

Tim - I saw somewhere on the net that you've cooled on him.   Hope you have been watching this current season, before I find it hard to imagine you don't find it amusing.

I think the thing that makes the show really work is the great team of support actors he has with him.  I reckon they're really talented.

Micallef himself is performing fine, too, but I have noticed he seems to have aged suddenly in the last year or so.   Hope he doesn't have any health problems...

5 comments:

not trampis said...

I am with Tim. He has gone off somewhat. Used to funny all the time but now sometimes not funny other times swears too much ( why is swearing funny??)

He needs Abbott back as leader to flourish again.

Steve said...

I don't know - I thought the start of this series was a bit weaker, but the last couple of episodes I thought very funny.

Some of the more "right-ish" humour in it (the mock ABC politically correct crime shows featuring lesbian character) is actually pretty funny, too.

Don't you agree that a lot of value in the character actors?

Steve said...

But, of course, I would prefer he dropped the occasional swearing too.

I have dropped in occasionally on the atrociously unfunny Tom Ballard a couple of times lately - he seems to have deliberately dropped the "F" content down to about a tenth of what it used to be, I reckon. Probably trying anything to help ratings...

not trampis said...

I would hate to be a comedian however for whatever reason it is much easier to make fun of 'right wing' politicians than 'leftwing' ones.
He did it to Shorten with his zingers but they have lost currency.

Perhaps 'leftwing' politicians are more boring then 'rightwing' ones.
Having said that his parody of the strong arm union official was priceless from ages ago

Steve said...

I'm also waiting on someone to agree that he looks very haggard in the face. He's only 55 - younger than me...