Tuesday, June 19, 2018

And now for some sports commentary

I only do this about twice a year, so you're lucky to catch it.

I'm only half watching some World Cup soccer matches, but my distracted and uninformed opinion is that the style of play in the Japan and Columbia match on while I type this is faster and much better to watch than the turgid, too cautious play during at least the first 20 minutes of the Australia/France match.

So there.  I'm done with sports here for another six months.

2 comments:

not trampis said...

your are kidding, misdirected passes, passes over the sideline etc. Awful game . the ref had a good game except the freekick he gave to Columbia that resulted in Columbia's goal

Steve said...

Homer I literally know nothing about the game as it should be played, except for the fact that you can't pick up the ball with your hands and run with it.

I'm just saying that the first 20 minutes of the Australia/France match looked boring to me due to what looked like over-caution.

The game last night, by contrast, look much more active and how I thought the game should look, from a spectators point of view.