Friday, June 05, 2020

Google is trying to educate me (and succeeding)

Because Google knows a disturbing amount about me, it knew that I was recently saying how I knew next to nothing about ancient Indian history.   So when I was looking at recommendations on Youtube on my TV last night, it suggested a video about the Indus Valley civilisation.  

Sure, this channel (Cogito) seems made for (I guess) kids at about an late primary school/early high school level, but if you know nothing about a subject, there's nothing wrong with starting there.

I thought it was pretty good, actually:



I wonder, though, if the language is still a mystery, whether some of the claims of how they lived are really accurate deductions from archaeology, or not.

I then saw that they also dealt with the old Indian king Ashoka, who I mentioned recently, so I got myself a short education about him too:





Ah, the internet being used for the forces of good instead of evil and misinformation.  Warms the heart.  

No comments: