Monday, April 07, 2014

Death notice

My Mum passed away peacefully in her sleep on Saturday night, aged 90.   As I explained in a previous post, she was mentally sharp until she was 87, and lived independently until 88, which is not a bad run by any means.  Her recent decline with Alzheimers was rapid but not as extreme as some cases, as until the last couple of months the family had confidence that she recognized us, even if she could barely speak.  She's survived by 7 children, 16 grandchildren, and when it comes to great grandchildren I have to get a calculator and consult on numbers.  

I'll be busy with family stuff for a while, then, although I might have time for some posts.

Update:  been going through the photos, as you do.   Here's Mum and Dad on their wedding day in 1950 (Dad died in 1986):

11 comments:

Jason Soon said...

condolences and best wishes, steve, you run an excellent and underrated blog

TimT said...

Sorry to hear this Steve. My thoughts are with you.

Mercurius Aulicus said...

My condolences Sir. My prayers and thoughts are with you at this time.

John said...

Condolences Steve.

nottrampis said...

She had a good innings Steve.

It is always sad when a person close to you dies especially a parent.

I hare the same sentiments as the rest

Steve said...

Thanks, everyone.

Sinclair Davidson said...

Sorry to read of your loss.

Gab said...

My sincere condolences to you, Steve.

Steve said...

Thank you both.

Brian of Moorabbin said...

Condolences on your loss Steve.

Anonymous said...

Delightful photo, Steve. Sorry to hear about your dreadful loss.

Fisk