Tuesday, September 04, 2007

By the way...

I am probably not the first to say it, but I really think that Kath & Kim might have "jumped the shark" with last week's episode. The story thread which did it for me was the part about Kim and her "do it yourself" botox kit.

That it would have dire consequences for Sharon was entirely predictable, and although they have presented the results of cosmetic surgery in an over the top fashion in a previous series, the Sharon as Frankenstein schtick was really just pushing an old idea too far.

The fact that Workchoices got an unfavourable mention didn't worry me. In fact, I thought it may be a bit satirical from a conservative aspect to show it as a concern of Kath in an episode where she was played as especially gullible and dumb.

1 comment:

Caz said...

Thing is, for a comedy, it just aint' funny.

I've seen some of the shows, but have never laughed, nor even smiled, during an episode.

Apart from the perpetual degradation of "Sharon" (which I actually find offensive), I find their non-use of celebrity guests bamboozling. I try very hard to understand why they would have Eric Bana, or anyone else, on the show, for 30 seconds, for no reason. Normally one would expect that the "guest" would be given a role, a purpose for being there - often referred to as a story line; often contained in a thing called a script.

Ho hum, I don't get it. Don't understand why this show is so adored.

I can walk around a big shopping mall if I really feel an urge to see men and women dressed badly and speaking as if they avoided all education.