Friday, February 06, 2009

Can someone explain this?

Donor - Annual Returns

(It shows the Law Society of NSW donating $16,000 to NSW Labor last financial year. They made no donation to any other party, apparently.) I know some people say that Law Societies are like solicitors unions, but I never expected that they would see any particular benefit in not being at least even handed in political donations.

While we are at it, the page for donations to the Queensland Labor Party shows substantial donations from "Australian Taxation Office" at Chermside. Huh?

1 comment:

Caz said...

Huh, indeed!

I don't think ATO is in the habit of donating money to anyone. But then, they've always done things differently in Queensland. :-)

As for the NSW Law Society, seems a waste of money, no benefit to them supporting any party. I'd be demanding a very finely tuned explanation if I was a member.