Friday, March 04, 2011

iPad2 noted

At the risk of sounding like an Apple fanboy convert, the new iPad2 does sound very good.   The basic iPad I got for free (well, as part of an office equipment deal) is often the subject of evening competition for its use.

For the record, the most popular applications on mine are:

*  Mercury browser:   abandon Safari, and use a browser that actually looks and feels like a Windows tabbed browser.   It’s fantastic, and cost all of $1.19.

*  Sketchpad Pro:   a very good sketch program that even my daughter has worked out how to use now, and enjoy.  I think it cost under $10.

*  For games, the kids have spent a ridiculous amount of time on hunting dinosaurs in Carnivore, the free version of hangman known as Doodlehang is fun for adults and kids, and my wife spents an inordinate amount of time on sudoku with Sudoku Joy.  I don’t actually use it for any games for any length of time.

*  I try to read downloaded (free books) on it using GoodReader, but I usually get too easily distracted and back to the internet instead.

2 comments:

Minicapt said...

You need "Crush the Castle" and "iDough" as well.

Cheers

Steve said...

iDough looks interesting. Thanks.