Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The oxtail noted (or ox tail, if you prefer)

Before I forget, and primarily for my own future reference, I followed this recipe for oxtail cooked in the pressure cooker on Saturday night.   Quite successful, although I did just use a can of tomatoes instead of fresh ones, added some celery and bits of left over fennel, and next time I would drain off some of the oil before frying the vegetables.  Still, the sauce was tasty and rich, and the cooking time was right.

I see now that the guy (Steffen) who put up this recipe is (or was in 2007) ""a Ph.D physicist, primarily working on data acquisition and computing at the SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory." !

I'm even more impressed now.

I love a good oxtail stew.  What the heck: just in case his website goes down, I'll copy the recipe here:
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stepford

What haven't we seen you at the Cat?
Stop being a coward.

Steve said...

It's too nutty (and tedious - how many days is Sinclair going to run "Day X of a broken promise" posts?) to be seen at, JC. I see you've joined the "they'll declare a national emergency and avoid an election" bunch of idiot Boltards, so you are part of the problem.