Saturday, November 03, 2018

Very satisfying

Um, it might just be that I know the young woman playing this lead last night pretty well.   She practised this a lot, and (especially when mic-ed up as she was at her school music gala last night), it sounds (I think) pretty damn impressive:


[And, as I have written before, getting drawn into the world of young musicianship - even for a musical dunce like me - makes it hard to feel pessimistic about the future not being left in good hands.   People should seek out their communities' local youth orchestras and see how optimistic their individual and joint effort can make them feel.]

Update:  In the interests of even handedness, I might also know the young man who does a sax solo during this Big Band opening last night:

1 comment:

John said...

I share your disdain for the rants against the younger generations if only because it reeks of that age old commplaint. The under 30's I know, admittedly only a few of them, are all doing very well, working hard, and are not narcissistic spoiled little brats.