Monday, April 15, 2019

The continuing threat (Update: yay, threat gone)

Good to see that David Leyonhjelm, despite having a very high profile maintained by saying immature, attention seeking things in the Senate and on social media, could not manage to get voted into the NSW Legislative Council.   He had, incidently, already declared victory (snort): 
Mr Leyonhjelm prematurely declared himself elected just three days after election day when, with just six per cent of the upper house vote counted, he appeared to be a front runner.

I read somewhere that he could still run for the Senate, though, at this election.  He has time to nominate.

Not only his immaturity annoys me - his doctrinaire libertarianism reminds me of that scene in Hitchhiker's Guide where Zaphod speculates that if you replaced Arthur's brain with a simple electronic one that asks for a cup of tea, no one would notice....

Updatethis statement by Leyonhjelm indicates he is out of politics for good.   It appears that (not for the first time, I think) he can't get on with other people in his own party.  I'm not at all surprised.  

Good riddance, I say.   If you want to remember how many times he has annoyed or appalled me, search his name in my blog search tool. 

No comments: