Sunday, August 18, 2019

Portland is still there

Today I had read this very anti Ngo article at Jacobin: Portland's Andy Ngo is the Most Dangerous Grifter in America, then had a look at his twitter feed during the anticipated confrontation between out of town Right wing provocateurs and local Antifa, many of whom are unsavoury looking characters in their own way.

And yeah, I have to say, it is clear Ngo isn't a real journalist.  He was tweeting short clips (taken by others - I assume he did not turn up this time, which is no doubt a good idea in his own self interest), without context, and giving the uniformly worst possible interpretation against Antifa in all cases.  He's as much as a journalist as, say, John Pilger was when doing his completely one-sided takes.  In other words, just a biased commentator with a camera. 

Anyway, it seems there wasn't as much drama at Portland as people feared, even though there were arrests.  I did see on Twitter that one of the Right wing organisers of their intervention said it was a success because it got Trump's attention on Twitter.

Yeah, right.  A real sincere exercise in free speech.

Portland is still there, and Andy Ngo is still doing his part to encourage wingnuts into thinking the US is going to collapse because of Liberals, rather than because it has a narcissistic, dumb, wannabe authoritarian President with an enabling Party behind him.

Update the Daily Kos version of events during the day.  Because you would have no idea what was happening if you relied on Andy Ngo.


4 comments:

Steve said...

Graeme, I don't allow Soros the evil Jew crap here, so sorry.

I have also deleted two comments in an older thread claiming Jews were to blame for abortions.

One more Jew related comment from you and it's back into moderation for all.

GMB said...

No you are not censoring the idea that Soros is doing evil things. He manifestly is doing evil things and there is no way I'll let you hide this fact. There is no agreement we have reached here. Either you behave or I will prevail in these matters and you will ruin your blog.

Steve said...

Graeme. You have a blog you don't update - I promise I will not try to censor it if you go back there to promote your "Jews are out to kill us" nutjobbery.

Time to put comments back into moderation because of you. The world will be deprived of your permaculture fandom and strange private theories, but it will get by...

GMB said...

Retrospectively Pilger was terrific. I thought, back when I was a neocon, that there was no way to please such a fellow. Turns out he had a better understanding than I did of the evil we were dealing with in Western decision-making. His instincts and experience were better. So I cannot really fault him at all.