Thursday, September 19, 2019

China has pork reserves?

Is it just me, or does anyone else find the idea of a Strategic Pork Reserve kinda funny?:
China to tap pork reserves as swine fever hits industry

China is set to release pork supplies from its central reserves as it moves to tackle soaring prices and shortages caused by an outbreak of swine fever. A state-backed body will auction 10,000 tonnes of frozen pork from its strategic reserves on Thursday.
I suppose Australian democracy could be in trouble if there was a sausage shortage before an election, so I think the National Party needs to fly a National Snag Reserve.   

5 comments:

Jason Soon said...

I agree Steve. Let my people go!

Steve said...

Que?

Jason Soon said...

"You should take moderation off. I promise to try and behave if you are not blaming white nationalists and Muslims for terrorism. You want to open this up again, and I'll try to fade into the background a bit. We need a serious blog with intellectual content. Catallaxy has lost its ferment."

Jason Soon said...

this moderation thing is annoying, it's not just that I want to unleash Bird on you

Steve said...

Oh I see.

I will turn it off, but if I have to start deleting too many of his comments again, it'll come back on.