Monday, October 14, 2019

This is, shall we say, of limited utility...


Performance art as protest is a real "thing" with Extinction Rebellion, isn't it? 

Look, I guess it's better than people setting themselves on fire, which is perhaps the most useless protest method ever devised.   (And besides, it would only be adding to CO2.)

But I feel fairly certain that performance art conveys an air of "we're here to have fun with our like minded friends" which is not very effective in terms of political influence.

3 comments:

Steve said...

Your idea of evidence is not my idea of evidence, Graham.

Your Doctorate from Youtube University must please you, though.

Anonymous said...

GMB makes reasonable points about your lying and closed mindedness, Stepford.You've always been lying about this stuff.

Steve said...

Yes, JC. Clearly, the anti-Semite youtube researcher (as well as the angry misogynist lawyer from Newcastle) are more likely right than the many hundreds/thousands of other science types who form the consensus position.

Look, you're silly enough to continue puffing a vaper when no one knows why more than a thousand in the US are getting serious lung damage, so why should I trust your nicotine addled judgement.

PS - nicotine used to be used as an insecticide. I didn't know that. Do me a favour and blow some nicotine vapour on a passing fly or mosquito and see how they cope. I'll be honest - I'd laugh a lot if any stagger and look unwell, even if they don't die.

Here's the link where I got that info from:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4363846/