Monday, January 06, 2020

Movie viewed

I finally got around to watching The Death of Stalin last night (on SBS On Demand).

It was very good.  It was also good to read this article at Slate as to which parts were true, or at least, half true.  

As I didn't go into it expecting great historical accuracy (as I don't expect there was really all that much humour to be found in the inner circle machinations after his death), the blender approach to the history behind it didn't bother me in this case.  (Mind you, I still wonder about the choices made.  Why make out that his daughter was sent immediately to Vienna?)

5 comments:

GMB said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
GMB said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Steve said...

Graeme, your comments about Jews are invariably directly or indirectly snide and insulting. Will be deleted.

Your claim that Beria was a "secret Jew" seems to be one of the more ludicrous anti-Semitic inspired conspiracy theories.

GMB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
GMB said...

You are probably right. I have likely gotten him mixed up with another team member.