Monday, May 25, 2020

Word salad of the day

Stan Grant got to write a real word salady piece for The Conversation about the Uluru statement (regarding aboriginal representation in parliament or otherwise), and I am pleased to see that lots of comments are along the lines of this first one:

The problem I, and I believe many Australians have, with articles like this is that it is a word salad of vague concepts and ideas with precisely zero clear policy change proposals. As a normal working bloke who didn’t go to Uni I can honestly say I have no idea what a single part of this article means in the real world.

A voice to parliament? To say what? If you read this article out in parliament you’d put everyone to sleep.
Stan Grant is ponderous in a very Paul Kelly fashion.  So many words to so little effect.

No comments: