Tuesday, June 02, 2020

Claire pokes her head up

I had been wondering if Claire Lehmann was ever going to mention her former Quilette contributor  Andy Ngo's role in promoting to the Right the idea of Antifa as a well funded and organised mob of violent thugs just waiting to destroy American society, now that she can see his influence has gone all the way to Trump.

I thought she might have kept her silence, given that Ngo stopped working for her unusually abruptly, after his disingenuous role in covering for Right wing violence planning activists was getting attention.

But no, she has put her head up, and of all things, to defend an article she ran which was really indefensible:


I think she's like Adam Creighton on COVID 19 - they get a position in their head and then are willing to die in a ditch for it rather than re-consider whether they made a bad call.

Update:

3 comments:

Not Trampis said...

Anyone who believes Antifa is both well funded and organised lives on Mars!

Jason Soon said...

Claire was one of those who was well ahead of the curve on covid in Australia so don't knock her

Steve said...

Yes, Jason, I thought she was being a bit panicky at first about Covid, but I waited and think she is OK on that.

But on Antifa - as I say, pretty much indefensible.

I am also pretty dubious on some of her other stuff, although I also assume that some of the leftist critiques of her and some other topics on Quilette are also over the top. I am just more inclined to ignore her.