Sunday, June 14, 2020

Recipe tried

Yes, this recipe which I posted about before for future reference:


is really nice.  Not exactly a main evening meal on its own [what vegan recipe ever is :)], but I liked it a lot.  I even bought  a $4.50 pomegranate and felt that the dish really did need its sharpness.   (My wife grumbled about the fruit's cost, but with sweet potatoes at only $2.50 a kg at the moment, we could afford it.)  I also reheated half a potato in the microwave today for lunch [power level 7 for 2 minutes] and it came out nice, again.

I wish my family all liked it as much as I did.  It's one of those dishes where they go "yeah, it's OK", but with insufficient enthusiasm that indicates they would not welcome it being made again any time soon.

2 comments:

Not Trampis said...

sweet potatoes should NEVER be used.
Plain spuds rule

Steve said...

You wouldn't want to eat sweet potatoes all of the time; and white potatoes are more versatile due to their lack of sweetness.

But sweet potatoes are actually very healthy, and quite often quite cheap.

I refer you to this for their health benefits:

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/white-potatoes-vs-sweet-potatoes-which-is-healthier/