Friday, August 14, 2020

Pretty much how I feel

Yes, it annoys me that journalists who work outside of the Murdoch workplace still treat their politically moderate mates who work inside of Murdoch as if there is nothing disgraceful about the fact they still work there.

It's gone on for too long.  The absolute tipping point for me was, I reckon, this cartoon that appeared with a Bolt column a couple of years ago:


Did any Murdoch journalist resign over that cartoon more suited (as I said in my post) to something like the Bulletin circa 1920?   Not that I heard. 

Journalists:  I don't care if your mate still manages to fit in some moderate commentary in the Murdoch press.  It should be socially unacceptable for anyone to accept a dollar by working for an outright racist, anti-democratic outfit (which is what the Murdoch American network is in its enabling of Trump and his cronies.)

Their friendship should be shunned.
  

2 comments:

Not Trampis said...

I understand how you fell.

the murdoch press is not known for quality. The WSJ and times have had questions made about them.

GMB said...

You don't want to get that upset about these boneheads over the little stuff. Because your crowd is even worse. They are just different in how bad they are. But after 15 odd years of trying I still an unable to teach a conservative about peak oil. Now thats major and genocidal dysfunction. Thats something that we have to get right.