Friday, November 20, 2020

The chapter about schooling is over

I'm feeling a bit...um...not exactly melancholic, but a touch of sadness about time passing.  Perhaps it's a twinge of foreboding of empty nest syndrome approaching, too.

You see, my daughter finished Year 12 today.  She didn't get emotional, but it reminded me of the mixed feelings I had when I finished high school.   On the weekend she will head off to a Noosa "schoolies" stay with her friends - which is not going to help with that "she'll be leaving home soon" feeling.

I think a lot of Year 12 students this year might not be feeling as emotional as in other years, due to the considerably smaller amount of time they spent together at school due to the COVID-19 shut down. So they probably already felt the start of distancing from each other at the start of the year.  It's a theory... 

Also, my son has finally got his licence and went driving alone for the first time today.   That's another change to briefly occupy the mind with imagined disasters, before squashing them into the corner of the brain reserved for thoughts you really shouldn't spend time thinking.

Anyway, such is life.   Maybe I deserve a drink tonight.  Oh yeah, I am cooking.  I had better go... 

 

 

No comments: