Friday, April 30, 2021

Kimmel and the paranoid former crackhead

I think the Jimmy Kimmel/Mike Lindell interview is well worth watching for a few reasons:

*  I had no idea about Lindell's terrible history of addiction;

*  Kimmel continues to be the surprise "who would have thought someone involved in the cringe sexism of the Man Show was actually an intelligent quasi-liberal the whole time"?   Or perhaps his politics are libertarian lite - liberal, like Will Wilkinson?   I dunno, but he certainly recognises the appalling state of the Right in the form of Trump and the Republican Party.

*  Lots of comments following the video on Youtube are praising Lindell and saying he was brave and  has largely redeemed himself as sincere.  Depends on your perspective, I suppose, because I thought it showed him as a jittery character whose belief in election fraud is, as Kimmel said, entirely explicable by residual paranoia from long time (former) use of cocaine and crack.


No comments: