Wednesday, May 05, 2021

I'm very busy, but...

...just when my Youtube subs seem to be getting a bit stale, there's a flurry of things I liked watching:

*  From Chinese Propaganda Central (CGTN) I have noticed videos heavily promoting Hong Kong people to move next door to Shenzhen instead.   All part of the incredible effort the Party puts into manipulating people.   "Move away from your old, fuddy duddy, used-to-have-democracy-of-sorts, locality, and learn to enjoy how terrific we are in Real China."

But of more social interest - it would seem that the Party has decided to stop young single people from getting dissatisfied with life by endorsing de facto relationships as a perfectly valid option!   Look at this:

 

I don't know, but this seems to me to be quite a cultural move.

This reminds me: I have wondered before if an excess of single males might lead to an official softening towards gay relationships too - but the nearest she gets to that topic is referring to "diversity" in relationships.

Wait a minute - I have only started watching this Youtube channel a few months ago, so I should search for how it has dealt with gay relationships.   

To my surprise - they ran a series on the topic 3 years ago!    Looks as if a very sympathetic line taken, too.   Not much content since then though?   Still, given how nothing on this channel appears other than closely aligned with what the government wants its population to think, I think I can just about claim vindication. 

Also, if you want to see "Tomorrow Belongs to Me" updated in China, have a look at this:

Very macho, very military. Join the Party, sacrifice work hard for the motherland, and be glorious! Maybe the West needs to work on getting the country to develop a youth drug problem.   My modest proposal to limit China:  a new  Opium War, of sorts. [Sorry, children.]

*  Tom Scott taking the "emergency exit" from the top of a wind turbine was interesting:

 

*  Sabine Hossenfelder gives her ideas as to how to solve the dark matter conundrum (in short, the wrong physics speciality has been looking at it the whole time): 

 

* Finally, a happy physicist who doesn't look like your typical egg head explains how tiny neutrinos are:

No comments: