Wednesday, June 30, 2021

A show in decline

I recently finished watching the Netflix cartoon show Disenchantment in its 3rd season, and I have to say, the quality of the writing and humour has dwindled away terribly.  

This was quite an enjoyable show for the first two seasons, although some episodes have always been better than others.  But the overall storyline of this season - it's just meandering and terrible.   

I see that I am not alone:

‘Disenchantment’ season three review: Matt Groening’s swords-and-swigging sitcom loses the plot

Disenchantment gets bogged down in plot and loses sight of jokes in “Part 3”

Disappointing.

5 comments:

Not Trampis said...

so you are disenchanted with disenchanted

Steve said...

I called it Disenchanted by mistake in the post, and have corrected it now.

Not Trampis said...

mate do yourself a favour and Watch Brooklyn 99. Very funny and it is a yank series. So they can do comedy sometimes

Steve said...

Oh I have recommended it before. Extremely funny writing and performances.

Not Trampis said...

agreed.
I have now watch all the episodes and wil watch all of them again.

It is a lockdown special