Thursday, February 17, 2022

A consumer observation

I recently consumed a Kelloggs product for the first time in years, just because it was on special.  It was - not great.

Why do Kelloggs products seem to so uniformly be so dull and overpriced?  I wouldn't say "bad quality" as such; just really uninteresting and expensive for what they are.  I've felt this about them for perhaps 40 now, and nothing changes.   I presume this is not a assessment too widely shared, given the survival of the company, but I feel very certain of my opinion on this anyway.  

PS:  I've eaten a lot of breakfast cereal over those 40 years.  I love a good breakfast cereal.  Uncle Toby's or some Sanitarium have had much better cereals, although they didn't up their game when I was a child, and it probably was mostly Kelloggs I ate back then.   Now, I'm into the cheaper toasted muesli style products (Heritage Mill, sold in Coles and made in Australia, goes ridiculously cheap on about a 4 or 5 week cycle and has been my favourite for a year or two.  Just so you know.)  

  

 

4 comments:

Not Trampis said...

I'm a weetbix man.

Steve said...

Plain Weetbix are kind of dull too, but I like some of the variations on a theme they make now. (The ones with cranberry and coconut, I think, are good.)

Not Trampis said...

plain weetbix smothered with milk and sugar with banana is THE only breakfast

GMB said...

One wonders that if we had a cup of bone broth in the mornings, rather than a bowl of nutritionally empty wheat bix or corn flakes ..... Would we all be three inches taller? Would our wing span be six inches wider?

Who knows but Kellogs was a nutritional catastrophe. The mixed dried fruits of muesli should be superior but then again modern growing techniques tend to rob fruit of their once excellent nutritional value.

If I could have my time over it would be bone broth and eggs for breakfast.