Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Odd marketing

The oddest thing I reckon about this "Manly gay pride jersey" story is that to me, the rainbow stripes don't even obviously suggest the gay pride flag:

 

The horizontal banding reminds me more of the Centrum vitamin branding, which has been in a use a long, long time:


Ok, well, the colour order is different, but the stripes on the jersey play with the colour order anyway - with for some reason the bottom strips being different to the top strips.  But was that a deliberate ploy of the marketers, to make it look not conclusively like the gay flag?    A sort of "plausible deniability" for players who aren't so keen on being associated with gay pride? 

Maybe I have spent too much time looking at vitamins at Chemist Warehouse recently, but Centrum would still have come to mind if the media hadn't told me first. 

1 comment:

Not Trampis said...

I am in sympathy with the players but playing with a jersey that has a gimbling agency all over it???