Monday, August 29, 2022

This is what you do when you go to the North Pole via luxury French icebreaker

I wish they wouldn't do video thumbnails of Kara's skinny body, but still - it's interesting to see what a  luxury cruise to the North Pole does for entertainment when they get there:

 

One other thing:   I suppose I expected the ice to be a little thicker, even in summer.  I mean, yeah, submarines can break through it, so it can't be too thick.   But still, it seemed there was more open water around, and ice that was easily broken, than I expected.

Also, if you watch the video, you will probably understand why I find this couple cringey at times - they kiss and tell each other they are "so proud of you" in about every second video.

1 comment:

GMB said...

Yeah it does seem surprisingly thin. But thats only a momentary phenomenon. Being that its the end of our winter, so the end of the North Pole Summer. Which means that its basically been endless daylight there for 3 months or so. And probably also being helped along by warm water flowing northward. Give it two more months and it will surely be impenetrable.