Thursday, August 25, 2022

Updating the membership of the B Ark

I think that Douglas Adams had the "B Ark" filled with the following:

"....the telephone sanitisers, account executives, hairdressers, tired TV producers, insurance salesmen, personnel officers, security guards, public relations executives, and management consultants."

Updated to the present day, I sure know that this category would now be at the top of the list:

As I said to friends recently, and perhaps a bit meanly, because I actually do admire so much of their work on Youtube, it would also be full of crackshot video editors under the age of 30.   

Perhaps I should throw in drone operators too (again, despite my actually liking their contributions to travel vlogging - it's just that there is so much of it now I'm starting to feel the number needs culling.)

I also keep having an urge lately to tell the two travel vlogging couples that I like to watch (The Endless Adventure - a very likeable couple, and that Kara and Nate - the somewhat irritating pair into "personal challenges" but who are OK some of the time) something like this:   "Look, you're in your early 30's now, you've had a lot of fun travelling the world and getting paid for it, but unless you stop and have a child, you're going to miss out on the simpler, domestic pleasures of life.   Don't do that for the sake of 'the next big travel adventure'."   I mean, they both say "we're not sure if we are ready to have a child yet, or if we will", yet they seem to like their relatives' kids, and they are leaving the child bearing decision to that dangerous point in life at which many couples find they can't easily get pregnant even if they want to.

Speaking of drone shots, here's another ridiculously attractive one of yet another Chinese temple built where no sensible person would build:

No comments: