Friday, December 02, 2022

I have no problem with this trailer...

 

I see that one of the main anti-woke movie and TV critics of Youtube (with whom, I have to reluctantly say, I actually kinda/sorta agree.  At least sometimes.  And maybe only broadly, if not always specifically.  While holding my nose at the idea he probably supports Trump and believes BS about Biden) - The Critical Drinker - has complained that there seems to be time travel in the story, as if that is going to ruin it.   Many of his followers seem to agree.

But seriously - if your fictional universe includes the reality of God and (apparently) other gods, supernatural entities in the service of God, eternal life, and aliens as universe artefact collectors, it seems a case of straining at a gnat to then have a big problem with time travel.   (And come to think of it, one other successful franchise, Men in Black, incorporated it perfectly well.) 

No comments: