Monday, December 19, 2022

The rise of Mastodon?

I went and tried Mastodon in Android App form.

A few observations:

a.    creating an account is not hard, and I think it's a bit ridiculous that so many people are complaining that the basic way it operates is so confusing.   Gee, how much does it take to Google up any number of various guides as to how it works? 

b.    I don't know why more journalists I follow are not already on there, and putting their mastodon address on their twitter profile.   It is currently not necessarily easy to find people via search.

c.    This, in my short, less than 24 hours, experience is the biggest problem with it as a Twitter substitute - the search function seems very wonky compared to that of the blue bird.   Is it always going to be like that, because of the distributed server aspect of it?   

But look, overall, it seems to me to have potential.

No comments: