Friday, January 20, 2023

Why is the ABC trying so hard with this person?

I really don't understand why the ABC seems to be trying so hard to give high profile to drag figure Courtney Star, who I don't find particularly talented or engaging as an interviewer, presenter, or singer.  (OK, I have to admit, I haven't even seen the singing part of it: I'm making an assumption there.)  Yet he/she has been everywhere over the ABC for the last 12 months.  Like this video, one in a big series in which matters are discussed between his drag and non drag persona.

I don't know the preferred pronouns either, but it's like he/she/they has got incriminating photos of Ita Buttrose, or something...

1 comment:

TimT said...

They were at the centre of a recent culture war scandal, the 'drag story for children' on ABC, some Liberal senator I believe bought it up - and from the promo they were running about it on the ABC it did rather seem as if the ABC wanted to make a point of it; Star was at the end of the ad inviting all the children to 'come on' to Story Time. It was weird.