Monday, May 15, 2023

Elon gets the best advertisers

I've been meaning for weeks to laugh here about the fact that one of Twitter advertisements that has been popular in my feed for the last couple of months has been one encouraging the eating of offal!  ("Organ meats" is the term used, I think.) I have never clicked on it, and I don't have a screenshot handy, but I gather from googling the topic that there's a bit of an offal fad going around in Right wing muscle bro circles at the moment.  (Think Joe Rogan types.)

But I did get another weird promoted tweet yesterday..this one for sexy Christian muscle bro gear:


I'm kind of assuming that advertising rates on Twitter might be very cheap at the moment, hence attracting the most esoteric small advertisers?

2 comments:

John said...

As you no doubt know offal is more nutrient rich than red meat. Additionally there is evidence that a sugar in red meat alarms the immune responses, may cause inflammation and cancer; those two being strongly linked. Do we need so much protein? Probably not.

Steve said...

John, the point is not the merits of eating (a small amount of) offal: I still find advertising on Twitter for its consumption to be funny.

Liver is OK in small quantities, but that's about the limit of my offal endorsement.