Saturday, October 07, 2023

More eggplant

Ok, just for my future reference.

Eggplant pasta casserole:  bake chopped eggplant and at same time, halve a red capsicum and put it in the oven too.  About 30 min at around 180 to 200 degrees.  The capsicum skin will be able to be peeled off when it cools down. 

Cut two chorizo sausages into discs and fry both sides.  Take out and drain off some of the rendered oil. Fry up a chopped onion in the same pan, and a few cloves of garlic.  Add around a teaspoon chili flakes.

Here's the bit I need to remember...I used 300g (dry weight) of penne pasta and wasn't sure how much sauce it needed.  I used a 400 ml bottle of passata, maybe 100 ml of pasta water, and about half a can of crushed tomatoes.  It worked out to be enough.  So, about 600 to 700 ml of sauce.

Cook pasta, and while that's going, add the passata to the onions, throw in the chopped up baked capsicum and chorizo.  I guess the eggplant could go in too, although I just added it to the casserole dish.

Anyway, the drained pasta goes in casserole dish and, of course, the tomato sauce with everything else goes in and mix it well.  Some green vegetable wouldn't hurt...I actually used fresh broadbeans for the first time in my life, but their taste got a bit lost.  I think broccolini would work well.

Sprinkle cheese and bake 20 min or so.

Nice...

No comments: