Friday, March 29, 2024

A distinctive image


Update:  Some context.  This was an artwork that was in a side room at the cable car station at the top of the ride from Kobe to Mt Rokko, when I was there last year.   I never found out the details, but there were artworks (temporarily, I think) around several spots on Mt Rokko, not all disturbing like this one.

I think the photo came out in very remarkable fashion - something about the lighting makes it look artificial, and (to my mind) a bit like the cut out animation artwork that featured in Monty Python. 

I thought, as it gives a general impression of suffering, it was apt to post it on Good Friday.

I must get around to posting other photos taken on the Mt Rokko area.  They have sat on my phone for a long time, but I finally transferred them to the laptop, where I find it easier to post and edit photos.

No comments: