Friday, March 22, 2024

Seems under-reported to me

I was watching video of Biden promoting a new semi conductor plant to be built in Arizona this morning, and as usual, he gave a prepared speech flawlessly and sounded completely engaged and sensible.  (And again, when he walked off, it was with his stiff gait that seems common now.)   Once again, I felt the twinge of infuriation that mainstream media has let Right wing media (both corporate - Fox, Newsmax,  and smaller scale operations) brainwash (I don't know) 30%? of the population to genuinely believe he has dementia and barely knows where he is until an aide gives him his drugs.   If you ignore nonsense, nonsense grows, I reckon.

(I also again wondered how much of the Biden frailty meme is based around video of his stiff gait - if there is an explanation for that, I reckon they should be giving it.)

In any case, this is the story, and it seems pretty big, really; but also not given the attention it deserved in US media:

Biden administration awards $8.5 billion for computer-chip manufacturing

A massive grant for Intel will support factory construction in Arizona, Ohio, New Mexico and Oregon. The award is the largest yet from legislation aiming to re-shore manufacturing.


No comments: